Mobile World Congress (MWC) is the world’s largest annual gathering for the mobile industry, organized by the GSMA and held in the Mobile World Capital: Barcelona, Spain. In 2017 the show brought some 108 000 visitors from around the world.
Ericsson, in Hall 2, is a 6 000 sq. meter experience in which we showcase our offering and put focus on the most important issues that the ICT industry has on its agenda. We invite customers from all around the world, industry partners, financial analysts, investors, industry analysts, media, and many others, to visit our hall.
At MWC, Ericsson Media Solutions will be featuring two demonstrations:
‘Personalized TV Anywhere’ – TV Platforms
Ericsson MediaFirst TV is a software-defined, media-optimized cloud-based TV platform. MediaFirst TVP virtualizes managed & Over-the-Top (OTT) services to give Pay TV providers the economics, agility and innovation of web-services.
- It provides a converged multiscreen experience that includes Pay TV in-home, TV Everywhere and OTT services and embraces all content sources and delivery networks.
- The HTML5 based universal client can run on multiple platforms, allowing the experience and interaction to be easily customized, removing the need for inefficient ‘per device’ development, testing and integration.
- The platform uses an integrated solution that uses a combination of LiveAV pipe and ABR encoding for content delivery over any network.
- The single, web based backend management of all clients enables a holistic view of service management vs the siloed views available today
‘Advanced Agile Media Delivery’ – Cloud DVR and Timeshift TV with VSPP
Screen-Shifters pay the most money for their TV services. Operators Should Care about delivering AGILE NETWORK-BASED TIMESHIFT TV! There is fierce competition from On-Demand services. They are eroding ARPU and driving screen shifting growth away from Pay TV operators.
In this demo, we show how operators can simplify and maximize network investments with Ericsson’s Advanced Agile Media Delivery, including:
- Video-optimized ingest, storage, packaging and delivery
- High performance and scalable software suite
- Multi-network, multi-device, and multi-service
- Micro-services and cloud native deployment option
- Open API´s for ecosystem integration and differentiation