At NAB Show 2018 in Las Vegas (#SU720), Ericsson (NASDAQ: ERIC) Media Solutions will show how it is transforming television by envisioning unique experiences that can be delivered everywhere for everyone through a set of evolved end-to-end media solutions. Building on a rich heritage in the global media business and fueled by the recent investment from One Equity Partners, Ericsson Media Solutions aims to become the industry’s leading and most innovative media solutions provider for TV operators, broadcasters and content owners.
Angel Ruiz, President and CEO, Ericsson Media Solutions, says: “We are at the beginning of a new era at this year’s NAB Show as we demonstrate a complete portfolio to power our customer’s media businesses. The investment by One Equity Partners provides us with tremendous strength, confidence and direction to build the innovative media solutions our customers expect from us.”
Ericsson Media Solutions will demonstrate what it envisions and why its Emmy award-winning, trailblazing industry technologies are enabling our customers to address the unique challenges that lie in delivering video everywhere, for everyone. The four major themes that form the foundation of how the company is transforming television are:
- Evolved: Delivering end-to-end solutions that are available now, allowing TV service providers to evolve and rise as true industry players while competing and differentiating on the Media stage.
- Envisioned: Stepping out of a comfort zone to think differently and seek new ways to enable service providers to move the human entertainment experience forward.
- Everywhere: Delivering and differentiating content from everywhere, to everywhere, across any network, enabling the consumer to watch their favorite team win that important match or to be engrossed in that big not-to-miss global event.
- For Everyone: Empowering the media industry with the right hardware and software media delivery solutions to make media accessible to all.
“Ericsson Media Solutions is dedicated to servicing the world’s best media customers with world-class technologies and we are ready to realize our envisioned future where our continually evolving, cloud-enabled, standards-based integrated end-to-end solutions offer the best possible media experiences everywhere and for everyone,” says Ruiz.
Visitors to the Ericsson Booth (#SU720) will see demonstrations of new solutions and services across four clearly defined zones:
- Contribution & Broadcast – A showcase of the company’s end-to-end UHD contribution and delivery from camera to final distribution; how it is evolving broadcast with ATSC 3.0; the development of new industry standards with solutions for an all-IP world; distributed cloud contribution and how cloud technology is reshaping the contribution landscape.
- Direct to Consumer – A demonstration of Ericsson Media Solutions’ high efficiency on-demand content delivery; virtualized broadcast operations; a fully integrated and converged OTT and broadcast ecosystem (including the recent Frost & Sullivan Market Leadership Award-winning MediaFirst Video Processing Platform); self-service and customized management platform and analytics; and content personalization and advertising.
- Consumer Experience – The debut of the company’s complete end-to-end UHD ecosystem and how this will delight the consumer; a focus on the full potential of MediaFirst TV Platform; the delivery and result of ultimate compression performance and fully optimized picture quality; and the enhanced evolution of the Mediaroom platform.
- TV Vision – An outline of the company’s vision for the next big consumer experience, showcasing technology developments for real consumer applications delivering high quality broadcast content, augmented with 360 video as a complementary second screen application.
Ericsson Media Solutions will further demonstrate its thought leadership through a series of speaker and panel sessions on market-leading topics throughout NAB Show:
- Providing the Best Customer Experience in OTT, IP and Managed Delivery – Monday April 9 at 10.45am, Destination Next, South Upper Hall
Speaker: Mark Russell, CTO and Head of Strategy, Ericsson Media Solutions
- Smart, Safe, FUN Cities: AI, AR, ATSC 3.0 & Urban Opportunities – Tuesday April 10 at 12:00pm, NXT Theater, North Hall
Speaker: Itai Tomer, Head of Center of Excellence, Video Storage and Processing Platform, Media Delivery, Ericsson Media Solutions
- How Studios Are Ready to Monetize Their Content via a Direct to Consumer Model – Wednesday April 11 at 3.30pm, NAB Streaming Media Summit, Westgate Pavilion 1
Moderator: David Price, Vice President, Strategic Business Development, TV and Media, Ericsson Media Solutions
- Broadcaster Migration to All-IP – Thursday April 12 at 11.15am, Destination Next, South Upper Hall
Speaker: Matthew Goldman, Senior Vice President Technology, TV and Media, Ericsson Media Solutions
Join us at NAB Show on Booth #SU720 or online during the event from April 9-12. See you there.
NOTES TO EDITORS
For media kits, backgrounders and high-resolution photos, please visit www.ericsson.com/press
Subscribe to Ericsson press releases here.
MORE INFORMATION AT:
(+46 10 719 69 92)
(+46 10 719 00 00)
Ericsson is a world leader in communications technology and services with headquarters in Stockholm, Sweden. Our organization consists of more than 111,000 experts who provide customers in 180 countries with innovative solutions and services. Together we are building a more connected future where anyone and any industry is empowered to reach their full potential. Net sales in 2016 were SEK 222.6 billion (USD 24.5 billion). The Ericsson stock is listed on Nasdaq Stockholm and on NASDAQ in New York. Read more on www.ericsson.com.
About Ericsson Media Solutions
Ericsson Media Solutions has a longstanding and broad customer base in cable, satellite, and telecom service providers, as well as major broadcasters. Globally, Ericsson Media Solutions serves over 900 operators, service providers, broadcasters, content providers and aggregators. The wide-ranging media portfolio of end-to-end offerings includes Emmy award-winning hardware and software video compression solutions for Contribution and Direct-to-Consumer video service distribution, advertising and content personalization solutions, high efficiency Cloud DVR, and TV and video delivery platforms. Ericsson Media Solutions has approximately 1,600 employees operating out of multiple locations across the globe.