ConnecTechAsia 2019 Preview: Experience the media shift with usMay 29, 2019
By Chiranjeev Singh, Head of Marketing, APAC, MediaKind
Next month we will be making our first appearance as MediaKind at the Suntec Singapore Convention and Exhibition Center, as part of our attendance at this year’s ConnecTechAsia event. This is an incredibly exciting time for APAC; with rapid digital conversion and a continually growing number of video-enabled, connected mobile devices, we are seeing an increasing number of industry players seeking new ways to effectively manage, deliver and monetize a full range of exciting TV Everywhere services.
A showcase of the MediaKind Universe
As part of ConnecTechAsia 2019, we will be hosting a hospitality suite (Meeting Room 311, Level 3), where our media experts and I will be on hand to offer live demonstrations of key capabilities from our next-generation solution and service portfolio, the MediaKind Universe.
We will be demonstrating how our solutions enable the industry to deliver unique, immersive experiences that exceed consumer demands, including:
- The Orion Consumer Experience: The latest advancements in our Media Platforms, Content Discovery, Targeted Advertising, Content Rights Distribution and actionable insights via end-to-end analytics solutions. We also deliver a deep dive into how we deliver as-a-service (aaS) capabilities across a number of consumer (Orion) applications, including our recently launched Cygnus 360aaS solution for live events, a new innovative offering that provides a cloud-based workflow for live 360-degree processing and multiplatform publishing services.
- Experience an array of customizable, dynamic solutions: Discover our range of best-in-class solutions for Contribution and Primary Distribution (Cygnus); Direct-to-consumer processing (Aquila); and Optimized storage and delivery (Pictor). Join us to find out more about a wide range of our products, including our multi-award winning VSPP solution, with its capabilities to be deployed across multiple formats, including the media edge – catering for a variety of on-demand viewing requirements.
Watch our experts discuss topics essential to today’s media landscape
During ConnecTechAsia, a number of our leading media experts will be taking part across a range of thought-leading panel sessions, on topics including 5G; new cloud technologies, AI, Machine Learning and developments in live 360-degree streaming:
- On Monday June 17, Sven Bolthausen, SVP, North East Asia, will present a case study on our IABM BaM award-winning project, for delivering the world’s first live 6K tiled 360-degree sports coverage of a basketball match in Germany. This session, which takes place during the IABM Executive Summit (16:00-17:00),will provide a comprehensive overview of the project, which was commissioned by Deustche Telekom in December 2018, and explore the technical applications behind it. Sven will explain how MediaKind managed the workflow as a key technology provider, and provided the live 360-degree video encoding, using MediaKind’s virtualized encoding technology.
- Sven Bolthausen will also feature on a panel which will include Dr Randolph Nikutta, Head of New Media, Deutsche Telekom and Sushant Sharma, Managing Director, QvestMedia, to address how the media industry is ‘Revolutionizing the Video Value Chain with ‘ABC’ (AI, Big Data and Cloud)’ on Thursday June 20 2019 (10:45). Sven and the panel will look at the profound impact ‘ABC’ has in enabling organizations to significantly improve efficiencies, get faster to market and derive deeper insights to enhance monetization opportunities. The panel will also explore how to maximize the value across the video value chain – from content production to distribution and user engagement.
- I will be delivering a presentation at the IABM Future Trends Theater on ‘5G: Delivering the future of immersive media experiences’, on Tuesday June 18th (16:40). During the session, I will explore how 5G can provide a powerful, unique combination to create and deliver immersive experiences in a world where everything is increasingly connected, especially in a mobile-first market such as APAC.
- I will also be joining an illustrious media panel on Wednesday June 19, 2019 (16:40) to discuss ‘The 5G Saga: What will it mean for Content, Distribution and Aggregation?’ From highly flexible contribution from mobile/wireless attached cameras to advanced, live-like user experiences, we will explore how future adoption of 5G will deliver efficient TV everywhere services to bandwidth-hungry consumers, increasing speed, volume of service and driving greater revenues. It will also draw on real-world examples to highlight how innovators in the broadcast space are testing the potential of 5G to understand how to change the way video is created, distributed and consumed.
- Olie Baumann, Senior Technical Specialist, will be speaking on the rapid evolution of live 360-degree video delivery at both the Innovation Hub on Level 4 at the Suntec Singapore (Wednesday June 19; 13:00) and later the same day at the IABM Future Trends Theater (16:40). During these sessions, Olie will discuss the use of ‘viewport-adaptive’ streaming technology, how these methods scale with the number of users and the capability of second screen devices. He will draw on MediaKind’s experience deploying an end-to-end live tile-based 360-degree video workflow in the cloud for live sports events and provide insights for future applications.
See you in Singapore next month!
The team and I look forward to discussing the opportunities and possibilities available to service providers, content owners and originators, pay-TV operators and broadcasters across the evolving APAC
media landscape. Visitors to our hospitality suite (Meeting Room 311, Level 3) will see how we are responding to the key dynamic trends in today’s media landscape, from the convergence of live and OTT content and increasing mobile service delivery, through to the potential of increasingly personalized
multiscreen experiences. See you in Singapore!