The MediaKind Content Management System (CMS) is a platform product that combines Live or VOD metadata and content library with the ability to customize business workflows. These workflows ingest, process and distribute digital assets using any metadata format, any content type, and any workflow process at enterprise-level volumes.
Why Content Management System?
High Degree of Automation
Transcoding and packaging capabilities are easily added via integration with either MediaKind Management Controller (Encoder On Demand, Packager) or many other third-party solutions. Together with MediaKind PRISMA, CMS manages ads and serves as a Creative Management component. On the distribution side, CMS is pre-integrated with multiple downstream platforms, both from MediaKind (Mediaroom, MediaFirst TV Platform, Video Storage and Processing Platform) and other third-party solutions.
Flexible deployment models
Built as a clustered virtualized environment, CMS can be deployed either on-premise in a customer datacenter or in a private or public cloud (Google Cloud Platform, Microsoft Azure, Amazon Web Services). In addition, CMS leverages the latest IT technologies (Containers & Orchestration) to reduce infrastructure costs and achieve increased scalability.
What our customers say
President of Cogeco Connexion
In the spotlight
Centralized, searchable content and metadata library
- Multi-format and custom metadata management for both VOD and EPG
- Metadata validation, normalization, transformation, error-correction, and enhancement via rules
- Comprehensive metadata creation, editing and packaging
- File format agnostic processing and format conversion
- Entirely customizable workflow automation, resource management, system monitoring, rules, and production processes
- Data segmentation for a multi-tenant environment
- Flexible asset management and workflows based on contracts, deals and licenses
- Enhanced category management – change asset metadata based on rules, batch change of all assets in a category
- Highly flexible trick mode restriction support on recorded assets based on location, time, rights and contracts
- Easily encode, package and deliver content and advertising within their existing on-demand and linear broadcast systems
- Forward-scheduling control of content