We are days away from one of the biggest trade events of the year, and I cannot wait to hit the streets of Vegas once again for NAB Show 2022. It’s a wonderful feeling to reconnect face-to-face with our customers, partners, and industry friends and showcase the many new services and capabilities we have introduced since the last show three years ago. We welcome you to visit our newly launched microsite, which provides a full rundown of our NAB Show activity and the latest news and information. Take a look here.
Exploring ‘Live without Limits’
First change to report – our NAB Show booth has moved to the brand-new West Hall (#W2800)! There, we will be taking visitors through the full breadth and capabilities of our media services and solutions portfolio and showcasing our array of services that enable broadcasters, TV operators, and content owners to stream live without limits.
To illustrate our commitment to enabling the future of live streaming, we will be putting our capabilities to the test throughout the show, using live footage from an on-booth remote control racetrack for all our live demonstrations. Come and experience how we are resolving the challenge of achieving ultra-low latency streaming at scale across multiple applications!
I’m looking forward to finally presenting the NAB Show debut of MediaKind Engage, our broadcast-grade solution designed to tackle the challenges faced by sports broadcasters and content owners in the direct-to-consumer (D2C) streaming market. We will also be delivering an exciting range of interactive showcases and competitions, where we aim to show you how we provide the technology, solutions, and services to deliver quality, immersive media experiences to millions of viewers every day. Some of the demos we have on offer are:
- A live end-to-end streaming experience, where MediaKind will display its capabilities through a series of live streaming demonstrations via an on-booth remote-control race car track
- Addressing market challenges, where we will dive into specific industry hot topics and hurdles and solutions to streamline the end-to-end media delivery and processing pipeline
- Our new ‘Track the Ads’ challenge, an on-booth experience utilizing MediaKind’s Emmy® Award-winning PRISMA solution which places targeted personalized adverts within a viewer’s streaming feed, where you could win a prize every day for spotting a specially placed golden ad
NAB Show Speaker sessions
MediaKind’s very own Principal Technologist will be speaking at the NAB Show BEITC and IABM Bam Live showcase. Our Head of Portfolio Development, Carl Furgusson, will also take to the stage alongside our partners Microsoft and Lumen:
Sunday, April 24
- Tony will be addressing the potential for ‘Real-World Use of AI for Better Video Compression’ during the NAB Show BEITC Conference, 9:15-9:35, W311-W313. Tony will discuss the latest updates and trends on how AI can be applied to improve the balance between video compression efficiency and CPU loading.
Monday, April 25:
- Tony will also be joining a conversation around ‘Discussing Technology and Trends Roadmap’ during the IABM BaM Live Show, 10:00-10:30, N116LMR. The other panelists on the session are Thomas Gunkel from Skyline Communications, Thomas Burns from Dell and IABM’s Stan Moote. This fascinating session will provide an overview of the anomalies and irregularities within our industry that directly affect growth and profitability.
Tuesday, April 26:
- Carl will discuss ‘Live production in the cloud’ in the West Hall at 10am, W3122, alongside Lumen Technologies and Microsoft. The session will delve into the close collaboration between these partners and how we’re enabling more efficient media services in the cloud.
Come and visit us at #W2800!
Everyone at MediaKind is excited to return in-person to NAB Show and welcome visitors to our booth in the new west hall (#W2800). There’s an incredibly exciting amount of innovation, evolution, and opportunity within the media industry, particularly when you look at the accelerated migration to the cloud and the ever-increasing number of streaming services that are now being built.
We can’t wait to share the full capabilities of our expanded, software-centric, cloud-native solutions and demonstrate how we are inspiring and pushing the boundaries of the streaming era. Whether you would like to explore our latest products and services, watch our speakers in action, or even just to have a go at our cool racecar track – you will be greeted with the warmest of welcomes on the show floor!
If you want to find all that’s happening with MediaKind at NAB Show 2022 and to book a meeting with us, please visit www.mediakind.com/nabshow-2022/.