MediaKind at IBC 2018: Evolve. Adapt. Shift.August 23, 2018
By Arun Bhikshesvaran, Chief Marketing Officer, MediaKind
There is less than one month to go before we travel to Amsterdam and enter the RAI Exhibition and Convention Center for the 51st edition of IBC. This year’s show marks our IBC debut as MediaKind, the new brand identity for Ericsson Media Solutions, and our first opportunity to showcase our extensive product portfolio and solutions.
It’s an incredibly exciting time for our company and the industry as a whole; media technology is continually evolving and transforming the way we experience the world. We can see this through the shift towards the convergence of live and over-the-top (OTT) content, the emergence of compelling mobile service delivery, increasingly personalized multiscreen experiences and the move from traditional broadcast to cloud and IP. These technologies are helping to power converged services that are helping to drive down operational costs and enable TV service providers to compete effectively with OTT players.
We can also see this shift demonstrated through consumer behavior, as viewers look for ever more compelling and vibrant on-screen content. Methods of personalization – such as universal search- are generating more engaging and relevant ways to consume media with greater ease. Emerging formats such as virtual reality, immersive 360º video, and new possibilities to apply the internet of things are powering new monetization opportunities and transforming the human entertainment experience.
Experience the shift at IBC 2018
To meet the ever-changing expectations of consumers, broadcasters, service providers and operators need to quickly adapt their offerings and deliver next-generation immersive media experiences. Throughout IBC, we will show how, as MediaKind, our pioneering technologies and solutions are enabling the industry to evolve and adapt to the next shift in the future of media.
We are demonstrating how our solutions and services respond to this journey across five clearly defined zones at our IBC booth (Hall 1.D61):
- Purple Zone: Discover our showcase of next generation Contribution and Primary Distribution applications and technology. See how we are delivering new levels of content security and see how our end to end Contribution portfolio provides efficient UHD/HDR delivery over IP or Satellite networks.
- Blue Zone: Learn more about how we are enabling TV service providers to deliver efficient linear and video on demand services across any network or device. Come and see how we provide the ultimate immersive picture quality and compelling user experiences that wow consumers worldwide.
- Green Zone: Visit to find out more around our market leading capabilities for Cloud DVR and Time shift TV solutions, as well as options for both Unicast and Multicast streaming.
- Gold Zone: See how we are transforming the consumer experience and addressing some of the hottest topics our industry faces today – including content discovery and personalization – through the new capabilities and applications of our Media TV Platforms and Advertising Suite.
- Red Zone: Meet our team of global experts and tap into their vast knowledge and skillset for global services and support. Whether you’re launching a new support structure or require a full service package, let us walk you through how our offerings can help you prior, during and after implementation and installation of the premium solutions we provide from our award-winning portfolio.
Come and visit us at Booth 1.D61
If we have sparked your interest in a particular zone or if you would like to learn more about the MediaKind story, my colleagues and I look forward to welcoming you to our booth at IBC 2018. Let us show you how we are enabling our customers to create and deliver immersive media experiences for everyone, everywhere.