NAB Show 2019 Preview: Explore the infinite possibilities of immersive media and entertainmentMarch 29, 2019
By Arun Bhikshesvaran, Chief Marketing Officer, MediaKind
Today we start the countdown towards our annual visit to the Las Vegas Convention Center. However, this year it is a visit with a big difference – our first NAB Show as MediaKind. In the coming days, we will reveal how we plan to enable our customers to evolve and adapt to the dynamic shifts in the media landscape and explore the infinite possibilities of immersive viewing and entertainment. We welcome you to visit our newly launched microsite, which provides all the latest information and news on our NAB Show activity. Take a look here.
Demonstrating our industry thought leadership
Our team of industry experts will be speaking across an astonishing 14 conference sessions throughout NAB Show, addressing topics essential to the media industry today. Kicking off events will be our CEO, Angel Ruiz, who will be joining an illustrious panel next Sunday (April 7) at 13:55 at the exclusive Devoncroft Executive Summit, of which we are a Platinum Sponsor. Moderated by Devoncroft Founder, Joe Zaller, Angel will be discussing the latest strategies required for an evolving media market– for further details click here.
One of our core focuses includes the ongoing evolution of mobility and 5G technology where we have a leading position in conjunction with our continued partnership and collaboration with Ericsson. To that end, we are delighted to be the Presenting Sponsors of this year’s Destination 5G Theater (SU13306). Between April 8-10, my colleagues Gowton Achaibar, COO and Head of R&D, Raul Aldrey, SVP, Head of Pre-sales and Commercial Management, and Lisa Aussieker, Head of Americas Marketing, and I will address:
- The powerful, unique combination of 5G and media in creating and delivering immersive experiences (Monday April 8, 11.30-12:00)
- Why solution providers and network carriers are now having to go beyond frenemies to address new relationships in a 5G world (Tuesday April 9, 13:00-13:30)
- How 5G is opening pathways to immersive experiences (Tuesday April 9, 14:00-14:30)
- The Future of 5G in entertainment, and how the lines are blurring between services, platforms, content and offerings (Tuesday April 9, 15:00-15:30)
In addition, I will be discussing how 5G can revolutionize the sports fan experience, alongside a panel featuring Matt Stagg (BT Sport), Howard Wright (Intel Sports), BA Winston (Amazon Prime Video) and Jim Ewaskiew (Aspera) – join me on Wednesday April 10 (16:00-16:30).
NAB Show Speaker sessions
Sunday April 7
- Tony Jones, Principal Technologist: Distributed Cloud Technology for Broadcast Systems (NAB Show BETIC, 10.40-12:00)
Monday April 8
- Matthew Goldman, SVP Technology: All-IP Success Stories – Real World Deployments (IP Showcase, 14.00-15:00)
Tuesday April 9
- Meir Lehrer, Vice President, VSPP Portfolio Development: Evolving OTT operations from Linear to On-Demand (NAB Show BEITC, 9.00-9.20)
- Alessandro Scibilia, Senior Product Manager, Analytics: Actionable Insights and the true benefits behind media platform analytics (NAB Show BEITC, 15:40 -16:00)
Wednesday April 10
- Tony Jones, Principal Technologist: Broadcasters leveraging SRT for low cost live Contribution and Distribution (SRT in Broadcast Panel, 10.40am)
- Richard Mansfield, Head of Media Delivery & Advertising Products: Delivering Low Latency Live Media Experiences through Common Media Application (NAB Show BEITC, 15:20-15:40)
- Arnaud Caron, Head of Management, Orchestration & Cloud IP: A new approach to Media Delivery – Embracing the attributes of IP Cloud (IP Showcase, 17:00-17:30)
Thursday April 11
The latest innovations from MediaKind
Meanwhile on our NAB Show booth (#SU720), the team and I are excited to present a showcase of our latest consumer innovations, including advances within our Orion solution, our industry-leading 360O immersive media technology -as-a-Service which is changing the way live events can be enjoyed; and enhancements for all-IP, OTT and UHD/HDR delivery.
We will also be introducing the MediaKind Universe, our solution and service portfolio, to NAB Show visitors for the very first time. Our team of experts will demonstrate how the MediaKind Universe enables content owners & originators, broadcasters and pay TV service providers to efficiently deliver unique, immersive experiences to the consumer, who is positioned at the center of the media universe, encircled by the choice of how and what they watch. You can learn more in our recent blog: ‘MediaKind’s Guide to the Universe.’
Finally, we will be delivering a number of invitation-only tours at our Innovation Theater, where we will be discussing and demonstrating our research into the latest industry shifts and showcasing exciting, cutting-edge technologies and solutions that are currently undergoing development. Innovations include next generation codecs; advancements in compression standards; new Machine Learning use cases; the latest in AV optimization technology; new developments for Smart and Safe Societies; compelling revenue streams through smart society applications and how our enhanced cloud technology research can be applied for future media applications.
Come and visit us at #SU720
Throughout NAB Show 2019, we will be setting out how our leadership, established heritage, and award-winning technologies are responding to the ever-changing expectations of consumers. We’re ready to help you experience the shift and see how we are responding to the key dynamic trends of today’s media landscape, such as the convergence of live and OTT content; increasing mobile service delivery; and the potential of increasingly personalized multiscreen experiences.
Whether you wish to explore the MediaKind Universe, meet and put our media experts to the test, watch our speakers in action, discover a showcase of our emerging technologies and solutions in our Innovation Theater – or simply grab a coffee from our event-renowned baristas – my colleagues and I look forward to welcoming you to #SU720 on the show floor!
If you have any questions for the MediaKind team during NAB Show – please tweet them to @Media_Kind using the hashtag #AskMK – and we will explore the entire MediaKind Universe for your answer!