Spring Kind: MediaKind’s Field Program for Q2April 15, 2020
At MediaKind, we live and breathe the ethos that media brings us together. It is particularly at times like these that we understand the paramount importance of media. Throughout the industry, every service provider, operator, content owner and broadcaster has a pivotal role to play in helping people to connect with one another.
This Spring, against a backdrop of global challenges, MediaKind has been shifting through gears to ensure our customers are more prepared than ever to acquire and deliver dynamic, high-quality media experiences. As described in my blog last week, we are rolling out new ways of working with our customers to make delivering media experiences to their audiences reliable and even more affordable.
In case you missed it: New whitepaper, webinar available on-demand
Over the past few weeks we have kicked off an initial program of research, events and presentations, with the launch of a new whitepaper, a new product application paper and a highly informative webinar, held in conjunction with Digital TV Europe and Omdia. Here’s an overview of what we’ve delivered so far:
- April 7 – Our VP Portfolio Development, Meir Lehrer, took part in an engaging webinar, focused around the future of Cloud DVR. Featuring Omdia analyst, Merrick Kingston, and Digital TV Europe editor, Stuart Thomson, this session took a deep dive into best practices and tips surrounding Cloud DVR and drove home why it is such an important part of the broadcast landscape. If you weren’t able to join, I strongly recommend watching on-demand here!
- April 9 – We launched the first in a series of new application papers, Unifying Advertising and Alternate Content across Broadcast & IP Networks As well as checking this paper out, I would recommend reading through this blog by Christophe Kind, Director Market Development, which outlines some of the themes that the paper addresses.
- April 14 – Yesterday we launched our latest whitepaper, ‘5G Live: The Future of Live Video Production’, exploring the vital role of mobile networks in delivering the future live event experience.
MediaKind’s 2020 ‘Spring Kind’ Program
Today, we are delighted to be able to present our ‘Spring Kind’ program of activities, which we’ll be bringing you over the next two months. The series has been carefully designed to help inform, educate and explain how new technology innovations are helping to make media easier to deliver and more accessible to humankind. Registration details will be announced soon!
- April 22 – Christophe Kind, Director Market Development, will be hosting an insightful webinar breaking-down the findings of our Advertising Application Paper. You can register for this event here.
- April 29 – Tony Jones, Principal Technologist, will be hosting a webinar on the role of 5G in enabling the future live event experience.
- May 5 – Carl Furgusson, VP Portfolio Development and Richard Mansfield, Head of Media Delivery and Advertising Product Management, will be presenting a webinar in partnership with TVB Europe, exploring the changing face of media and the consumer experience via Live Streaming. Register for this event here.
- May 13 – Arnaud Caron, Director Portfolio Transformation, will be hosting a webinar, which looks at deploying and managing Cloud aaS as well as introducing themes from our forthcoming streaming application paper, which will launch on April 29 2020.
- Date to be announced – Matthew Goldman, SVP Technology, will be hosting a webinar on the latest developments in ABR streaming.
Linked to these webinars will be an entire series of application papers and blogs, and we cannot wait to share our insights, demonstrations and announcements with you over the coming months. We at MediaKind are on a mission to inspire, influence and enable people to discover, interact and experience the world through immersive media, and we hope you’ll join us on this epic pursuit.